Former member of Kyrgyz parliament among militants who were handed lengthy prison sentences for shooting spree in Bishkek
Pervomay district court of Bishkek rendered judgment against former member of parliament Maksat Kunakunov and militants who were engaged in gunfight in Bishkek on July 16, 2015.
The trial was held behind closed doors over presence of classified information.
The following defendants were convicted:
– Abdimanas Kurbanbayev – 28 years in prison,
– Altynbek Jumagaziyev – 27 years in prison,
– Erkinbek Kadyrov – 27 years,
– Bakytbek Batyrkanov – 20 years and 1 month,
– Sovetbek Ibrayev – 25 years,
– Baktybek Jumatayev – 18 years,
– Erkin uulu Sanjar – 17 years,
– Ulan Niyazbekov was granted amnesty.
Former MP Maksat Kunakunov, who was initially accused of supplying weapons and money, as well as aiding and abetting terrorists, was sentenced to 10 years in prison
- Previous Uzbek Presidents announces plans to strengthen national defense
- Next National Bank of Kazakhstan strongly denies reports that its head ‘Daniyar Akishev was detained’