Afghan Forces Recapture Faryab’s Bilcheragh District, bordering Turkmenistan
The MoD says in a statement that the operation was led by Afghan Special Force Unit.
The Afghan forces recaptured Bilcheragh district in northern Faryab province after a year, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) said in a statement on Tuesday.
The statement said the operation was held jointly by police and army forces and it was led by the Army’s Commando Unit.
The statement says that the Taliban who captured the district a year ago had closed schools in Bilcheragh.
Another operation will be held to ensure all areas are cleared of the militants, the statement said.
The statement did not provide further details about the operation.
Taliban has not commented on the report so far.
- Previous Singapore keeps options open on Huawei and on future of any 5G vendor
- Next Japan: Baffled by Trump, Chinese propagandists waffle ahead of Osaka
You may also like...
- Tokyo to revise Japan’s pacifist charter
- Afghan Capital’s Air Pollution May Be Even Deadlier Than War
- Haqqani Prisoners Returned to Bagram Prison
- 300 Daesh Members Surrender To Afghan Forces
- China says World Bank report ‘clarifies truth’ on Xinjiang programmes
- Jordan to go ahead with Red Sea-Dead Sea project despite Israel’s withdrawal threat
- Israeli farmers sweat as land they worked for decades to be given back to Jordan
- Joy in Jordan as Amman reclaims enclaves formerly annexed by Israel
- The King’s Chinese: how Penang’s ‘Grand Old Man’ Yeap Chor Ee went from penniless barber to one of Asia’s richest men
- Cambodia ‘playing with fire’ by cosying up to China, says opposition figure Sam Rainsy
- North Korea’s New Intermediate-Range Ballistic Missile, the Hwasong-12: First Takeaways - 746 views
- Chinese military base in Djibouti necessary to protect key trade routes linking Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Europe - 601 views
- OIC, 57-nation Islamic body calls US travel ban a ‘grave concern’ - 300 views
- Gabbard allies rush to her defense after Assad meeting - 291 views
- China: Philippines can’t claim Benham Rise - 263 views
- Malaysia calls for concerted effort by OIC to tackle Rohingya crisis in Myanmar Read More : http://www.nst.com.my/news/2017/01/205396/malaysia-calls-concerted-effort-oic-tackle-rohingya-crisis-myanma... - 259 views
- Kyrgyzstan actively working on start of construction of China—Kyrgyzstan—Uzbekistan railroad - 259 views
- America’s $1.1 Trillion National Security Budget - 255 views
- Kashmir-A Diamond of the Crown continues to be in turmoil: Srinagar: 14-hr encounter ends after 2 militants killed, 2 army men injured - 251 views
- India may launch aggressive actions in Pakistan: US spies - 239 views
Our Newly established Center for study of Asian Affairs has
branches in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore, as well as freelances in some other countries.
For inquires, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Mr.Mohd Zarif - Secretary of the Center and administer of the web-site www.newsofasia.net