ICC Chief Prosecutor Karim Khan stepped down “temporarily” following allegations he sexually assaulted his female employee on multiple occasions
On Friday May 16, 2025, ICC Chief Prosecutor Karim Khan stepped down “temporarily” following allegations he sexually assaulted his female employee on multiple occasions, as reported in Wall Street Journal.
ICC’s top prosecutor faces increased pressure over sexual misconduct allegations
Reports claim that Karim Khan brought forward the court’s arrest warrant for Benjamin Netanyahu after learning he was under investigation for forcing himself on a colleague.
The chief prosecutor of the International Criminal Court (ICC) is under increasing pressure from reports further indicating the seriousness of allegations of sexual misconduct levelled against him by a junior colleague.
Karim Khan, who has been the ICC’s lead prosecutor since 2021, is accused of forcing himself on the female assistant in a New York hotel room in December 2023, according to a report from the Wall Street Journal.
The incident is being investigated as part of an alleged pattern of inappropriate touching, harassment and forced intercourse perpetrated by Khan against his accuser.
The assistant, a lawyer from Malaysia in her 30s, alleged Khan further forced her into sexual intercourse against her will while on missions in New York, Colombia, Congo, Chad and Paris, as well as his residence at the Hague, according to her testimony reviewed by the US-based outlet.
Khan’s lawyers have said all allegations he committed sexual violence or misconduct are “categorically untrue”.
The accusations have been subject to an external investigation since the end of last year. A previous internal investigation closed within five days without taking any action.
A matter of timing?
One of the issues swirling around the case is the question of the timing of Khan’s arrest warrant against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his former defence minister, Yoav Gallant — a move that saw him personally sanctioned by the Trump administration.
The controversial warrant was issued just a fortnight after the allegations against Khan were formally levelled.
Critics of the court’s investigations of Israel have raised the question of whether Khan took the unprecedented action in an effort to improve his image in the face of an impending scandal — especially after several months of criticism over the ICC’s perceived inaction while Israel ramped up its war on Hamas in Gaza.
Israel has now demanded that the court withdraw the warrants against Netanyahu and Gallant and cancel its probe into alleged Israeli crimes in Gaza and the West Bank.
Khan’s lawyers have denied the allegations that the warrant and the sexual misconduct accusations were linked in any way. Khan has stated that, in turn, the case against him was part of a broader attempt to discredit the ICC.
UN’s Office of Internal Oversight Services report on Khan’s alleged misconduct is expected in the coming months, according to reports.
- Previous White House imposes sactions on Karim Khan of the THE INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL COURT
- Next Turkish FM Fidan: Israel seeks to ‘erase’ the Palestine
You may also like...
Recent Posts
- Japan: Exports and imports in April hit records
- China unloads against Japan: Tokyo’s militarist ambition built on economic quicksand
- Malaysia: 9 to be charged over Bukit Bintang publicity stunt
- US wants to sell India as much energy as it’ll buy
- US and EU sanctions bite Kyrgyzstan
- Turkmenistan Has World’s Highest Freshwater Withdrawal Per Capita
- Most of Media said uses Palantir: welcome to 1984 2:0
- Iran adapts, Gulf Arabs and Asia pay the 90% bill for Strait of Hormuz blockade
- Israelis with dual nationality behind ‘large-scale’ acquisition of Syrian agricultural lands
- Again? Yet Another Deranged Leftist-LGBTQ? Gunman shot by law enforcement near the White House
Random news
Views
- Chinese military base in Djibouti necessary to protect key trade routes linking Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Europe - 1,008 views
- North Korea’s New Intermediate-Range Ballistic Missile, the Hwasong-12: First Takeaways - 998 views
- OIC, 57-nation Islamic body calls US travel ban a ‘grave concern’ - 730 views
- Goods from China start to be shipped by train to Europe: Luxembourg-Chengdu freight train route launched - 702 views
- Kyrgyzstan actively working on start of construction of China—Kyrgyzstan—Uzbekistan railroad - 618 views
- Iran tested medium-range ballistic missile - 568 views
- Why Indians want to have white skin?! Pakistani authors thoughts. Article: The complexion of a new culture - 565 views
- China: Philippines can’t claim Benham Rise - 559 views
- Gabbard allies rush to her defense after Assad meeting - 525 views
- The great tea robbery: how the British stole China’s secrets and seeds – and broke its monopoly on the brew - 371 views
About us

Our Newly established Center for study of Asian Affairs has
branches in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore, as well as freelances in some other countries.
For inquires, please contact: newsofasia.info@yahoo.com Mr.Mohd Zarif - Secretary of the Center and administer of the web-site www.newsofasia.net


